Friday, June 27, 2014

Neapolitan Coconut Bites


Do these delightful treats look familiar? 

Chances are, you have seen them hanging out in supermarkets, general stores, and bulk candy bins up until about mid-2012, when Brach's retired their version of the Neapolitan Coconut Sundae Candies from their Pick-A-Mix collection. 

And just like that, a huge part of my childhood, gone in a flash. 

If these were a big favourite of yours like they were mine, fear not my lovelies. You can now make them at home - and they're just as good as I remember, if not better. I only say that because I'm still bitter about the whole retirement. But for serious, they're very tasty and very moreish.

Speaking of tasty, I'm guest posting these over at my girl Heather's blog, The Tasty Gardener, to celebrate her FIVE year blogibirthday or blogiversary, or whatever the kids are calling it these days. You can grab the recipe there. And while you're at it, be sure to check out all her other incredible eats. She does gorgeous things with bread. 

You're welcome. 

2 comments:

  1. What??? They retired it? Wow. Thanks for this post and the link. I'm totally going to check this out. I'm going to make some too. Now I'm craving them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I've never had one before but the recipe looks amazing. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete